Thursday, January 24, 2013

Where is that beast?









As I have mentioned before, Giles is not a friend to the feline world. After he was off the track he went to a foster home which is awesome. Traditionally dogs off the track have to learn to adapt to being a pet rather than an employee. One thing that happens is introducing them to small house pets like cats and small dogs. This is done in a very safe way for the small pet and for the Grey. After the foster parents are finished, the adoptive parent will know if their Grey is cat friendly. Giles is not. At all. Not even close.

So, each time I get ready to let him out, I do a check of the to make sure no stray cat wondered in. My eyes are not as good at Gile's eyes are, apparently. I didn't see any cat. BUT he did. His whole body went rigid, the ears were up.. his body contorted into a hunched over position and his whole body was trembling. He sunk down to the ground and growled. Meanwhile, I'm yanking on my boots and grabbing his leash and trying to get out the door to stop him.

Yeah, right I know. He weighs 69 pounds and can run up to 45 mph in 3 strides, like I could really "stop" him but in my moment of crisis that was my brain's processing.

Thankfully the cat must of figured out it was going to be attacked and run out of all its 9 lives and it made it under the red shed you see in the pictures.  Giles was going nuts and circled the shed over and over, growling and yelping.

And he kept doing it every single time we went outside. I finally had to put him on his leash and and take him on the other side of the yard. Until today and it's so damn cold that he just goes out and comes right back in as soon as he's done, not taking time to stalk the cat.

He might catch a cat someday and it's going to not be pretty... ick. Ah, the things I'm not looking forward to.

A Girl and her Grey


No comments:

Post a Comment