Monday, January 14, 2013

Things that scare Giles

My Grey is a doll baby, I swear. He's so sweet, gentle, easy-going, and laid back. And he's a big chicken. (I must say I feel sorta mean just writing it down...I'm sorry, Giles! And he's not a chicken, he's a dog; hence the name of the blog. Otherwise it would be "A girl and her chicken". )

He's scared of 2 things, that I know of anyway. First, he afraid of the dark. I wrote about that here.

The other thing he's scared of, apparently, is my mobile phone. Yes, he scared of my cell phone. He likes music and the sound of TV. I even leave the TV on when I'm gone so it seems like he has company (and to help drown out neighborhood noises that might agitate him into barking). He's frightened of my phone. He seems to do okay when it rings; he just looks at me. But when my phone vibrates and he hears it, he stands up and walks around and whimpers. And if I get a text...! Well, he hates it. The alert sound I have for texts is the sound of Samantha's nose wiggle on the old television show BEWITCHED. When my text alert goes off, he whines and cries and walks around; he jumps and whimpers. He won't settle down. And this goes on for more than a minute or two. He gets "upset" for 10-15 minutes. I even changed the tone but it still scares him. I finally had to turn my phone on silent.



I love him to pieces, fears an all!

A girl and her grey



1 comment:

  1. How cute. So how do you know when you have a text? That afghan he has adopted looks mighty familiar.

    ReplyDelete