Sunday, January 6, 2013

He should be able to go everywhere

I know this going to sounds nuts but I wish there were public places I could take my dog to hang out with me. There. I said it. I now sound officially like a crazy cat lady but with a dog. (Why is it that no one ever talks about "the crazy dog lady down the street"? It's always "the crazy cat lady"? Sorry, I digress.)

Giles is really good. I mean, really, really good. He doesn't jump on people. He doesn't bark. He doesn't smell crotches and his favorite thing is to just lay at my feet. He likes people but if I tell him "no" he stays away from whatever I told him to stay away from. He would be a good dog to be able to go into public places.

I wish Giles could go to the movies with me. He would curl up at my feet and sleep the whole thing. He MIGHT get on the seats if I would allow him but if he did, he'd stretch out and sleep. I'd like to take him to bookstores. He would just curl up at my feet and sleep, again. I'd like to take him to a coffeehouse. Oh, I know the rules about food/animals and such, but I'd like to have him go. I'd have him on a leash, of course. I wouldn't allow him to just roam free. I'd make sure he wouldn't need to go to the bathroom but if he did I would take him to do so, and clean up after him, just like I do now when I walk him. If he was disruptive, I'd leave.

I realize if there were open pet laws then everyone with a dog, even those that would NOT be well behaved, would be allowed to take their dogs in public places. That would suck. Most people's dogs are NOT nice, I've learned.

I dunno. He's a sweet dog, and I'd like to be able to just hang out at my fav bookstore and read, with him snuggled up with me.

I'm excited about this summer because he can sit at my feet at any place with a patio. I spend most of my weekends in a really quaint, eclectic neighborhood with lots of outdoor patios that welcome dogs so we will be able to hang out together. Until then, we enjoy our home!

A Girl and her Grey



3 comments:

  1. If he was a therapy dog he could go most of those places, but that takes lots of training and I think you would have to pass a certain test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My dog is nice... she is just a little excitable!! :) Now you see that I am not crazy, I just love my crazy dog. I glad to see you are a finally a dog person. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curley- it would be totally cool if he could be a therapy dog!!!! I should look into that.

    Gulo: your dog is nice but "excitable" is... a good word! heehee! I don't think your dog is crazy (or you!) I don't know if I'm really a dog person but I do love my Grey!

    ReplyDelete