Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snow Day!

We live in the middle of the Midwest Blizzard and it's really coming down. That still means Giles has to go outside to do his business, even in a blizzard. And since this is his first official snow, I wasn't sure what would be in store for us both.

It didn't help that we had 4.5 inches on the ground by the time we got outside for our morning constitution. And none of the sidewalks in the apartment complex had been shoveled nor had the parking lot.

When went went out the door, the first thing he did was jump in the air and then try to "chase" the snow flakes falling, and I promptly fell down since he jerked on the leash. That was a first (other than the cat incident but I saw it coming). After he pottied, he had to prance around trying to "get" the snow. he was jerking his head everywhere, because all moving objects must be cats so with the howling wind and falling snow making a huge white our swirling mess, he was a jumping, tugging, frantic Grey! And I was a girl clinging to her Grey's leash for dear life!

Then he just abruptly stopped, and tucked himself between my knees, leaned against me and shivered.

Needless to say, all he did was tinkle. I just gave up on any other 'business' happening and we went inside.

After toweling him off- as well as myself- he ate and then immediately collapsed on one of his comfy spots and fell asleep.

I had planned to take my camera out with me on our walk but so glad I didn't since I hit the snowy ground and then played the  "hang on to Giles for dear life" so I have no photos of our snow play. But since there's 8 inches on the ground as of the post, and still falling, I might have some later today!

For now... well, resting is good, too:





Slobbery kisses,

A Girl and her Grey

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun. Did you check for bruises?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get him some booties!

    *side note, I cannot see the text for the previous comments. It's almost the exact shade of grey as the background.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilith- I've looked at booties but I'm not sure... hehe!

    And thanks for letting me know about the text. I think I've got it fixed. I'm trying to create my own template and it's NOT going well!

    ReplyDelete